Before co-founding Carbon, the PR firm for Talent, I studied finance, international studies, and journalism at Indiana University. John Muir called the California Sierras the most beautiful place in the world, where I spent three months camping.
Getting out of town is still a priority, and the reasons I do PR are the same as they are when I began. To meet interesting people, learn why they do what they do, and be introduced to ways, means, and goods which improve the way people live, while bringing them into vogue. I’m really positive about that.
It’s been said I’m:
- “An active player in the hedge fund business” - publisher, Hedge Fund Alert
- “PR Machine” - The Real Estate Investment Trust Newshound e-newsletter
- “My goal in life: to know everything Phil Chang knows.” - editor, leading commercial real estate magazine
- “Phil is a sexy bitch!” - national radio program producer
- “Brilliant.” - editor, Financial Times
- “When I’m reincarnated, I’m coming back as you.” - bureau chief, ABC News
- “Press releases put out for him. He is the most interesting publicist in the world.” - financial news editor
- “Hey Philip… I didn’t know you were a bowler?” - Dan Edelman, founder, Edelman Public Relations Worldwide
- “A gentleman and a scholar” - president, ComBlu
- “Huge dick.” - PR manager, Chicago department store
- “I’d like to thank Philip for coming out to support my big announcement” - former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich
In my personal time, I live a simple, thoughtful life centered around exploring the world of those around me.
If you need to get in touch, send correspondence to philip (dot) chang (at) outlook (dot) com. Otherwise, catch me if you can.